Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Voice Academy Review: "Singing at The Voice Academy of New York City."

Thank you so much to Jose Navarro for this amazing review of Voice Academy of NYC! We truly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to know you enjoyed your experience with us! You're always welcome back!

For more of Jose, please visit his blog: http://www.josenavarronyc.com.

Hey everyone! Yesterday I had a blast at The Voice Academy of New York City. I started taking singing lessons. It was a great activity to start on spring break and I've been wanting to do it for a long time.

I heard about The Voice Academy of NYC through a friend of mine, and it sounded perfect. It's not a strict program, classes are on the weekends and they are a lot of fun. Since I wanted to do it for fun and to learn a little bit, this classes are perfect!

They are held at Ripley Grier Studios (where I took the pictures) and that place is amazing! It's around Penn Station (Midtown Manhattan) and it's in the same street of the New Yorker Hotel, where I lived the first quarter at Berkeley three years ago.
I felt great the minute I walked in. There are all kinds of arts and talents rehearsing at those studios. From martial arts, to ballet and Broadway show rehearses. There are many rooms and some of them are huge. We were told that Beyonce rehearses her tours there, which was kind of cool!

The class went great. The other students were very talented, but they were so nice I didn't feel intimidated even if it was my first time there. It was a harmony class, and I had never worked on that. We sang "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars and it was a lot of fun to sing it with six different voices at a time.
I also learned a lot about controlling your breathing, body position, singing techniques... while having a lot of fun singing and doing exercises. Moreover, the teacher is very good at explaining and making you understand the theory.
If you want to know more about the school, check their website at VoiceAcademyNYC.com
Here's a little sample of me singing a song in Spanish. It's "De Que Me Sirve La Vida" by Camila. I hope you like it and I also hope I'll get to show you something better and improved after I've taken more lessons!

That was all for my spring break. It was short but I got to do things I really wanted to and never found the time. Now time to go back to school full of energy! Thanks for reading and for listening! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment