Sunday, August 4, 2013

Voice Academy Review: "It was an incredible experience that helped me let go of fear and focus in my dreams"

Many thanks to our student Michael for sending us this review of his experience with Voice Academy.Thank you Michael for your kind words and we're really happy we helped you reach your goal.




All my life I wanted to sing. Nothing in life brings me more pleasure than music. Nothing else gets my attention like a melody does. But unfortunately for me all my life I've been really shy. So shy that I've rarely sang in public or in front of other people.
It came to a point I could no longer hide my desire to achieve my goals and follow my dreams, but I knew I needed help to do so: you can't jump off an airplane with a parachute and expect to land safely without training.
So that's what I did. I had recently arrived in New York City to follow my dreams, and I searched for a place where I could find a vocal coach to help me let go of all my fears. Interestingly enough, Voice Academy of NYC caught my attention. Getting in contact with a vocal teacher was quick and I've couldn't find such pleasant experience anywhere else.
 I've never had vocal lessons before, but Vocal Academy and Kat Carlson (the vocal coach) made the experience not only exciting but very essential. I've learned all the basic techniques I didn't know about vocal performance, I was brought to a whole new level of vocal and artistic expression and step by step I was brought out of this bubble I had created around me that was keeping me from performing. Not only Kat helped me lose all my inhibitions that were keeping me from singing, my vocal range improved a lot and I got more "loose", as I learned to not hold in my voice.
I got better at belting out, projecting my voice and I was even able to experience singing in different genres of songs, something I was never able to do before.
I have to thank Voice Academy for making me able to progress as an artist and vocalist and for being able to be sure of what I want. And the best thing about the vocal lessons with Voice Academy is all the little details you learn about your own voice. There's a lot you need to learn about your own uniqueness, and that is something you must always consider as your voice is your own instrument.
I highly recommend Voice Academy not only for beginners but for any other singer-performer that needs preparation for a play, concert or any sort of performance. You will achieve new high levels of excellence and you will notice improvements in your vocal range thanks to the great vocal techniques you will learn at these lessons. It was an incredible experience that helped me let go of fear and focus in my dreams.
Thanks Voice Academy for unleashing the singer in me.

Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment